About Me

Loving life to the fullest!!

Friday, May 20, 2011

That son of mine!!


I have written so much about my son, but he has done it again. As I am praying for him, my Lord and Saviour points the whole situation back to me. So, some day I will have to thank Ryan for all the wonderful devotions I have had because of him!!! :)

It started because I had a horrible dream about Ryan last night. So, as my feet hit the floor this morning I grabbed my Bible and my list of verses to pray over him. (Thanks to my SIL Debbie, for providing that list!!) I chose this morning Prov 20:7, the righteous man walks in his integrity, his children are blessed after him. (As you may have guessed, I am not seeing the blessings in Ryan's life at the moment :) So I began asking God to please, please bless Ryan's life by saving him and keeping him from evil ways, by getting him involved in his family, and on and on. That verse in Proverbs leads to Ex 20:5,6 which is the part of the 10 commandments that talks about not having any idols before the Lord - thus the righteous man!

Oh my, so as I am praying for Ryan and asking God to change his heart and his life, my prayers suddenly change to, Lord forgive me for the idols I have put before you, and one confession after another. The quiet voice of MY Lord thru His scripture assures me of His love, His grace, and His forgiveness. I can once again start this day with full confidence that God is working in ways I cannot imagine and keeping His Word for me!

A sign on a church near our home says: "God gives and forgives, we get and forget!!" Isn't that about the truth.

My sweet boy, isn't always that sweet, but when I look at him thru the eyes of the Lord, he is such a precious human being that I just want to kiss and hug on him----and I do, but that makes him mad!! ha. Ha. I do it anyway!! - Blessings, and BTW take care of yourself in the righteous department if you haven't already!!! - Kim

No comments:

Post a Comment